J A N U A R Y
January Detox with Ami Sheward
STARTS: Monday 6 January 2020 LOCATION: Online
Detoxing isn’t about depriving your body of food and nutrients - instead, it is a chance to retrain your palate to acquire a taste for whole foods in their natural state and rebalance your body.
Why do we need to detox?
1. Detoxification is a normal process, where the body neutralises and eliminates toxins through its major organs such as the colon, liver, kidney, lungs, lymphatic system and skin - our bodies do this everyday! But our self - cleansing system can get overloaded by our unhealthy lifestyles and exposure to environmental toxins, and sometimes it can use a little help.
2. We are exposed to many harmful chemicals, through our diet (animal protein, saturated fat, alcohol, caffeine and sugar) and through the environment. Even if your diet is good, a detox can restore your immune system and protect against environmental toxins that pave the way for disease-bearing bacteria, viruses and parasites.
Signs and Symptoms of Toxicity
- Cravings for sugar, salt, starches, bread
- Bloating, gas, distended stomach or lower abdomen
- Headaches, stomach aches
- Lethargy, fatigue
- Dry skin and hair, eczema
- Constipation, diarrhoea
- Mood swings
- Lack of concentration
- Weakened immunity
- Weight gain and difficulty loosing weight
My 21 day detox programme will include meal plans, recipes, supplement information, a shopping list to get you prepared, detox information and what to eliminate. I will set up a closed Facebook group so that the members are able to share any issues and revelations that they experience. I will also be available for support within the group or privately by email.
This programme will help you to kick start the new year on a healthier foot.
Tickets are £30 - please email firstname.lastname@example.org to book your place.
F E B R U A R Y
Tokaj Wine Night
Tokaj Wine Night at Restaurant GL50
Friday 28th February
Six course tasting menu
Five Demetervin wines
Guest Speaker: Head winemaker Demetervin Winery
£120 a head
Nibbles and sparkling 6:30pm
Sit down 7pm
Give Sophie a call at the restaurant on 01242 228 555 for more details or to book
Deposit of £50 per head will be required.